The Academy by FOSC is designed for youth players from the ages of 5-8 years old. The entire emphasis of the Academy is to introduce youth to the game of soccer in a fun, nurturing environment. Academy members are taught the skills and an appreciation of the "beautiful game" and are encouraged to utilize and experiment with these skills in both practice and game situations. The Academy program consists of skill training sessions with our highly respected youth staff. Academy members will also participate in game situations against players of their own age from other clubs in short-sided games. In these games, players are given the chance to utilize the foot skills learned throughout the training sessions rather than pressured to simply win every match.
THE GOAL OF THE ACADEMY by FOSC IS SIMPLE...
Provide a stress-free atmosphere to expose young players to the game. Emphasize skill development in a non-competitive environment that encourages players to flourish while focusing on skill development. Emphasize quality and long-term benefits rather than short-term gain, within an age-appropriate development process.
For more information about the Academy program, click here for the Academy FAQ
Will Peppard -Academy Director
A graduate of Rose Hill High School (Kansas) and all-time leading scorer, Will was a three year captain at Newman University. During his time at Newman, he was two time First-Team All Conference and First-Team All Region Defender. Will played three years in the PDL with the Colorado Rapids U-23's, Indiana Invaders, and Springfield Demize, then most recently finished his second professional season with the Cincinnati Kings (PASL Pro division 2011-2012). Will spent 3 years as a trainer for the Rose Hill Soccer Club and one season as the girl's varsity assistant at Rose Hill High School. Will is currently Director of Coaching for the U5-U8 Academy program at FOSC.
For more information about the Academy, contact:
ACADEMY DIRECTOR: Will Peppard
Fall 2016 FOSC Academy Program
Open to Academy aged players (aged 5-8), training will be held weekly this spring with Will Peppard and FOSC Academy Staff for seven weeks starting Sept 12th 2016 and going through October 29th. All sessions will be held on Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:30pm - 6:30pm at Fairfield Optimist fields (194 Joe Nuxhall Way, Fairfield, OH 45014) and will be conducted by FOSC staff.
The Academy program will also hold games in a 4v4 format at the Optimist soccer fields. Academy players will be divided into teams of 6-7 players (coed) and games will be played on Saturday mornings on the following dates: October 1st, October 8th, October 15 and October 29th.
The cost for the Fall program is $85 per player.
FOSC ACADEMY REGISTRATION
**NEW MAY 2016: FOSC has upgraded to a NEW registration system hosted with Blue Sombrero. Please note FOSC will not be accepting paper registrations for the Academy. All participants must register for the Academy online.
To establish a new account then register a player on the FOSC Registration system (Blue Sombrero), follow these steps.
CREATE A PARENT USER ACCOUNT:
1. Click on the button above then use the "Register" button near the top right of the page that opens.
2. Fill in your name and email then create a username and password for the system (Note: if you're a parent/guardian, enter YOUR info here).
3. When the account has been created, continue to fill in the rest of your account information (as a parent/guardian), then hit "Continue".
CREATE A PLAYER:
4. On the "Which best describes you?" screen, if you're registering a youth player, use the "I am a parent or guardian registering a participant" option.
5. Enter information about your player including birth date and then hit "Continue".
6. The "FOSC Academy" program option should appear. Click on the green "+Register" button next to the session, then hit "Continue" to register the player for that program.
8. Accept the waiver then "Continue"
9. On the next few screens, the system confirms your "order" for the program. Process payment information on the following screens.
10. Congrats! You're all set. You should receive two emails from Blue Sombrero / Dick's confirming your account and Academy registration.
11. Please make a note of your login name and password as it will be used to accept offers, make payments, etc.
Payment can be made by credit card online through the Blue Sombrero system. Registration is not complete until your player is registered online, and payment is received. All payments must be made prior to the Academy season.
Contact Will Peppard at email@example.com with questions.